The 12 Healthy Living Habits of the Super Fit
To most people, living a super fit life may sound a bit daunting or challenging. What you must realize is that being super fit is not as challenging as you may think. Being super fit is not a hobby, it is not a destination, it’s a lifestyle built through habit.
I want to share with you the 12 healthy living habits that I believe make up the SUPER FIT. What you must keep in mind is that living a super fit life is a choice, and through habits, you too can become better at it.
Here are my 12 Healthy Living Habits of the Super Fit…
1. Most fit people eat the same foods for every meal.
2. They typically start their day with a well balanced snack within 30 minutes of waking up and before consuming their biggest (and quite possibly the most important) meal of the day, breakfast.
3. They tend to eat often, but smaller sized meals, throughout their day.
4. They believe firmly in and always make an effort to get a good night’s sleep (the Sleep Cycle app is a great tool to help track your sleep time and quality, helping to improve your overall sleeping patterns). The optimal amount of time is 7-8.5 hours a night.
5. They eat whole foods and avoid processed foods. An easy rule of thumb is to shop the perimeter of the grocery story, with limited trips into the isles.
6. They become experts on nutrition and how their bodies work with their daily diets.
7. They are constantly hydrating themselves. The recommended amount of daily intake is about a gallon of water a day. Keep in mind, some foods ( mainly fruits and veggies) will also contain a solid amount of water as well.
8. They exercise regularly. Whether it’s 7 days a week, 5 days a week, or 3 days a week…they set the time aside for regular exercise.
9. They stop eating at a particular time, knowing that going to bed on a full stomach can lead to poor sleep and unwanted fat storage.
10. They do things such as wash their hands after being in public and before eating, they stay up to date with grooming, and dental hygiene is of high priority.
11. They find something other than foods to help cope with feelings (i.e. fitness, reading, music, spending time with friends or family, etc.)
12. They keep their homes stocked with whole real foods.
Thanks for joining me again this week, I’m glad you decided to come back. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Interested in a topic we covered in this session? Leave a comment in the section below.
If you enjoyed this post, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post (or just copy and paste the link wherever you want to share it, that would work too!).
Also, please leave an honest review for the Bent On Better podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are super helpful and extremely appreciated. They do matter and I read every single one…and to be honest, they help make all of this worth it.
If you have any questions you’d like addressed personally, feel free to email me at Matt@BentOnBetter.com.
[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/bentonbetter/BentOnBetter_The_12_Healthy_Living_Habits.mp3″ title=”The 12 Healthy Living Habits of the Super Fit” artist=”Bent On Better” image=”https://www.bentonbetter.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/HEALTHFITNESS.png” social=”true” social_twitter=”true” social_facebook=”true” social_gplus=”true” social_linkedin=”true” social_pinterest=”true” ]
How many of these things do you practice?
Are there any you would like to improve upon?