The Better Blueberry Smoothie
Time to make a better, more healthy, blueberry smoothie with only five ingredients!
Thoughts are things, so are blueberry smoothies.
The long time followers of Bent On Better know how much I emphasize a positive mindset in your journey to a healthier, fitter, BETTER you. I have had the pleasure of chatting with various types of people on my podcast: fitness people, nutrition people, entrepreneurial people, and people of healthy mind and sole. What’s the one common thread for all of them? Their mindsets. We must improve our daily thoughts and our daily actions. For it is when our actions and thoughts are in harmony that we truly achieve our health and fitness goals. Let’s get our minds right with the help from this better blueberry smoothie recipe.
“There are no limitations to the mind except those we acknowledge.”
Ok, now let’s get to the blueberry smoothie…
The Better Blueberry Smoothie
- 1/2 Chiquita Banana (best with brown flecks on peel)
- 1 cup Silk Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (or your favorite milk substitute)
- 1 serving of Vital Proteins Pasture-Raised, Grass-Fed Collagen Whey (Vanilla Coconut) OR Less Naked Whey, Vanilla (or your favorite unflavored protein or vanilla protein powder, because the vanilla compliments the blueberries very well… like, “hey friend, looking good 💁🏻“) we carry a few Naked Whey products here at Bent On Better, pick one up today
- 1 heaping handful fresh blueberries (or 1/3 cup frozen blueberries)
- 1 huge handful Dole baby spinach
Pour all ingredients in blender. Blend on high for 60-90 seconds or until smooth. Toss in an ice cube or two if you desire a more chilled smoothie (keep in mind this will dilute the flavor and overall texture). For a chilled, undiluted smoothie, try chopping up your banana the night before and freezing it (or just use frozen blueberries, they’re great!).
Total Fat 4 g
(Sat 0 g, Trans 0 g, Poly 1 g, Mono 2 g)
Total Carbohydrates 40 g
Dietary Fiber 10 g
Total Sugars 21 g
Protein 28 g
According to this article by Harvard Health Publications, “[Blueberries] are particularly rich in chemical compounds called anthocyanins. Research suggests that anthocyanins have several effects on the body. They lower blood pressure, and they make blood vessels more elastic.”
The Naked Nutrition Difference:
- Only Three Ingredients: Grass Fed Whey Protein, Vanilla, and Organic Coconut Sugar
- From Grass Fed Cows’ Milk From Small US Dairy Farms
- Natural Vanilla and Organic Coconut Sugar
- No Artificial Sweeteners or Colors
- 25 Grams of Protein and 5.9 Grams of BCAA’s Per Serving*
- Non-GMO, Soy Free and Gluten Free
- Growth Hormone Free, no rBGH or rBST
- Cold Processed
- Acid and Bleach-Free Processing
*Branched Chain Amino Acids. All nutritional values are verified by independent third-party testing.
*Sourced from the Naked Nutrition website www.nkdnutrition.com
This recipe includes*
No high fructose corn syrup
No artificial sweeteners
No artificial colors
No artificial flavors
No added sugars
No trans fat
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.